Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day 4 of Hot August Nights Fun and Adventure

First thing today was to head over to father-in-law Joe's house and wash the Mustang.  While I was washing it, I had at least three neighbors come up and ask that when I was finished washing my car, I could come over and wash theirs.  When I quoted them $50 to do the job, they suddenly had somewhere else to go.  :)  Got many thumbs up and "nice car" comments from other folks passing by.  Joe seems to think it's pretty cool to have a classic car parked in front of his house.



 Some random pics of other Mustangs spotted in the Grand Sierra Resort venue.  We didn't really have time to hit other areas around Reno today because Joe had babysitting duties and needed to be back home by 6pm. After standing in line for over 2 hours to get my registration packet and goodies, I was ready to go.  My back was KILLING me.  Joe thought it was quite funny when a guy 26 years younger than him was complaining of aches and pains.  This from a guy who spent the majority of the time sitting down while I was standing and waiting.  However, Joe was having a good time, and enjoying the cars.









 This is what the registration area looked like.  I had serious Disneyland nightmare flashbacks while waiting in this line.  The folks here were a lot more polite than Disneyland customers, though.  No groups of kids all of a sudden cutting the line saying, "My family is up here holding our place."  I talked with a couple who brought there 1956, or was it a 1958, Ford Victoria to the show.  They have put over 2000 miles on their car since June.  It's nice to see other folks enjoying their classics on the road, as it should be.
My view when I first got in line for registration

And here is my view when I hit the last turn before being at the front

 A Ford Starliner powered by a dual quad 427 SOHC!



A stroked BOSS 429 powering an older Ford truck


I really like the look of this clean Falcon

A pair of matching 66 Mustangs

The rest of the photos are of various other Ford powered vehicles that caught my eye.  Can't wait to check out the other venues over the next three days to see what else is out there.










When we got back to Carson City, Joe and I took his granddaughter out to a friend's place so Joe's wife could have some peace and quiet while entertaining guests.  The couple that we visited had their daughter/son-in-law, or was it son/daughter-in-law, over while we had dinner.  The younger couple owns a business here in Nevada the manufacturers distributor points for Holley, Inc.  It was interesting talking to them how Mr Gasket/Mallory/Accel/MSD/Holley tried to outsource the points to be manufactured overseas, but the quality control just wasn't there.  So Holley brought the production back to the USA to get a quality product.  They were telling me that most of their business goes to 3d world countries because so many of those car out there are still running points.

When I got ready to leave, the husband made a crack about a Ford being parked on their property.  I reminded him that because my car was parked their, the property value went up.  :)  It was all in good fun.

It will be another short day tomorrow, but it will go into the evening.  Joe has an appointment, and I have to get new tires on the truck.  They're supposed to be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment